Next stop: Brisbane
Although we had heard some pretty negative stuff about Brisbane; mainly that you only really needed 2 days max. We were still keen to spend the 4 days in the city to see what we could get up to.
On our first day there we decided to walk around and see what Brisbane had to offer. Without a standout landmark to guide us we found the layout a bit hard to navigate, but thanks to the free wifi all over the city we managed fine!
I loved the city beach on South Bank (even though it definitely wasn’t warm enough to go in at the time) and thought overall it was a small but quirky CBD.
After exploring we headed to the Guilty Rouge bar next to our hostel for cheap food and a drink, this is where I caved and downloaded Pokémon Go, thanks to the free wifi I managed to get to level 10 in 2 days (not something to be proud of)
My favourite things to do in Brisbane are…
- South Bank (even just walking around and people watching can be fun)
- The Art Galleries and Museums along South Bank are good as well (also anything that is free is a winner to me)
- Mount Coot-tha (that view though!)
- Mount Glorious
- If you have a dog then Nudgee Beach is a good place for a dog walk
- The botanical gardens (both in the city and at the bottom of Mount Coot-tha)
- Eat Street Markets (Friday-Sunday)